Friday, October 8, 2010

North Roe Shawl of Elven Kind

The other day, I finished knitting a North Roe Shawl for my Niece's Christmas Present.



As soon as I had finished it, my daughter proclaimed that she wanted it. Instead of surrendering the shawl to her, I told her I would make her one, and that she could choose the yarn. As it happens, she chose some very lovely Spanish angora, merino, nylon 4 ply. So, I set her up in the kitchen to dye it.

She had a blast mixing all the different greens together. She would dip the brush into all of the pots, one after the other and say "See, look at the green I made, I bet you don't know how I made that lovely green" :) so, she spotted, and painted and striped and dripped for about an hour on this yarn, and at the end, this is what she got :-


I must confess, she is better than me. :) I am so proud of how good she is getting. If she keeps it up I will have to start selling her stuff and putting the money away in her account. I think she could make a fortune !
So the yarn Is now being turned into a North Roe Shawl, which my Husband has dubbed the "Cloak of Elven Kind".


I think it will be very nice.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Very clever of J and I think you are right in saying you could sell it :)

    ReplyDelete