Sunday, November 21, 2010

Some Regrets.

Today is one of those days...

I try not to think about it too much as a rule, but it is just getting to me today. There is something really conflicting in the knowledge that you will never have another child, when you already have one. For a few years I have felt the desire to have another baby...but I can't. I can't help but feel so defeated and unhappy about it...which makes me feel guilty, because I have Jordis. She is a beautiful girl and I love her. I can't help it though...Something in me wants another baby...

Is it wrong of me to feel sad about not having any more?

3 comments:

  1. It is not wrong at all. Sometimes, life happens, and we can not have the things we so desparately want, but revel in the knowledge that the little one you have is a beautiful, talented, loving little girl, who loves you more than anyone else in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Eryn,

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with grieving for something longed for but not held. There are many women who share your feelings. It is not likely that I will ever have more children, but I grieve for the daughter I do not have. At the same time I am blessed with beautiful sons.

    You are normal, and everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete