Friday, December 11, 2009

Surprise visitor.

So, lastnight, I had a surprise visitor.


His name is Guiseppi. He only stopped in for a shor visit whilest I was washing the dishes. It was somehwat amusing. I was washing up and he suddenly just appeared out of the ether and was attempting to climb the kitchen tiles. I wanted to take a picture of him, but realised my battery was flat, so I watched him attentitvely while i washed up and my battery charged. I then proceeded to harras the poor little blighter for a full 15 minutes taking photos of him and generally being amused by his arm flapping and odd rocking from side to side.
He was so tiny; not 2 cm long, that my camera had troubles focusing on him. i was using the super macro setting, so i had to get up close and Guiseppi thought it would be great fun to scare the living daylights out of me, by leaping from the bottle he had climbed attop to my camera lens. I tell you, you would have laughed at me. So anyway, i put him back and continued to harrass him further, until he thought itbest to climb the tomato sauce bottle and then to leave.

I thought it was very odd, that he seemed to be trying to get to the highest point possible, but it could just be me; either assuming that that is odd, or that was even what he was doing. but any which way you look at it, i do hope he had an adventure. It is true that Praying Mantis' are great creatures to have living in your garden, and although he is only a baby at the moment, i have high hopes that Guiseppi will live on and fruitfully multiply in my rose beds. and with bugs, we know that where there is one, there is sure to be more not too far off, so itis a comforting thought....all the tiny cannibalistic insects running around, eating he aphids off my boysenberries. It does bring leaps of joy to one's heart. Hopefully my cats can obstain from eating them, as its never a nice sight to see four, pink, speckled wings on the kitchen floor with no sign of the rest of guiseppi senior or the culprit responsible for his fall from grace.



here we pretty well see him heading for the hills. Bye Guiseppi!

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute. My mother always told me that it's a severly punshable offence to kill prsyinf mantis in the USA, but I think she was lying because she didn't want me to squish them. I love them and they do eat pest bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be praying, not prsyinf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! thats great. I still think the worst thing that anyone could have ever done was putthe y key right next to the t key.

    ReplyDelete