Friday, August 27, 2010

fuck hey noddy.

Some people seem under the impression I am a business. I am not. Those people who have bought my fibres know me well enough to come to my house and get it themselves.

It is strange, I realised that i have never posted fibre to anyone, except in swaps. Who knows. One day i may open a store, but i am just not interested in that level of long term commitment. I made an investment in fibre earlier this year, in the hopes of being able to sustain my habit.

That being said, my sister's circumstances make it worth both our whiles to at least try and sell some of what I have here. I admit i don't really know anything about selling. I posted some stuff up on some of the groups, just to let people know they were available to people who want them. they are still mine ffs. I didn't dye them with the express purpose of selling them - the whole point was that I would have enough for myself, with some left over to try and make a bit of moneys back if possible (explained in an earlier blog post), which was going ok. I was selling to friends, and considering weather if anyone else actually took an interest if it would be a hard trek to the post office to get stuff out on the same day, until I somehow offended the world with my assertion that I have no intention of becoming a business.

But forgive me my frustrations. I admit I am a bit embarrassed at having been thus confronted. I honestly didn't know I had done anything wrong. Having seen how it makes people feel though, and having now had my 2 cents, i am happy to comply to whatever pretentious guidelines are in place, purely because I would still like to share my work with others, and have a very strong desire to ease the financial burden of my sister. I remember that what seems like not too long ago, although in reality, it was several years, i would have escalated this situation to the point that one could I suppose, describe it as self destruction. I have lost my spark for debate and argument, and questioning or challenging the rules of this group just doesn't seem worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment