Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A new and exciting expedition

So, Here I am, having just invested a HUGE amount of funds in my fibre.

I love spinning and dying, but I am far from a wealthy woman. I see this as my opportunity to sustain my hobby because without making the money back, I can't justify being able to spin any more. I really hope that this investment pays off. I love what I do, and I hope that that is reflected in the fibres that I dye and spin. I am still not great at dying, but I am getting better, and have recently learned a few secrets about dying which I am looking forward to putting into practice with this new fibre.

I spoke today with Laura, the owner of Bee Mice Elf- an amazing fibre store from the USA, and she shared with me some of her experiences and gave me some good advice and inspiration and it has uplifted me a lot. I have just taken a huge leap and have potentially put myself into a debt that could be difficult to recover from, but I am desperately hoping that my own love of fibre and colour will be reflected in a way that attracts others to me and my work.

I am embarking on a potentially hazardous journey, and I am both nervous and excited. And much like a drug addict who tries to sustain their habit by dealing, am going to have trouble staying out of the merchandise. :D

Well, very soon, I will be up and running, and with luck I wont lose any fingers to burly Italian debt collectors.


Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment